Health Protocol at Grand River Rafting
The purpose for this new health protocol, is to keep both staff and customers safe while enjoying the river.
If you are not following protocol… you are considered endangering others… and will be asked to
leave the property.
Customer Participation Policy
- Customers must be in good health to participate in a Grand River Rafting
- DO NOT COM, if experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath or cold flu-like symptoms.
- DO NOT COME, if you have been in physical contact with anyone in medical quarantine and/or out of the Province in the last 14
- If you cannot come because of items 2 or 3, above… please notify us and you can rebook
for another date.
- Our staff will be unable to assist you in getting in and out of your boat… so you must be
self reliant or be able to rely on other members of your party to help you.
- Everyone MUST BRING their own hand sanitizer and face mask (with the exception of 2 years and under). If you do not have hand sanitizer and a
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
- Face masks must be worn from time of arrival at Grand River Rafting reception area, until you are on the river in your
Customer Arrival Protocol
- Consent waiver must be done online
- Everyone must maintain six feet social distancing while waiting in line and during orientation.
- Open food or drink is only allowed when you are on the river in your
- Everyone must agree to have a temperature scan taken at the reception desk before
entering the orientation area. If a person’s temperature is above 38 Celsius, they will not be allowed to enter and must leave the property. There will be no refund, but they can rebook for another date.
- Grand River Rafting reserves the right to have personal bags/coolers unpacked to prove no alcoholic beverages. The customer will unpack the bag on the ground, so Grand River Rafting staff does not have to contact personal goods for inspection. (If alcoholic beverages or suspicious containers are present, they must be returned to the vehicle if a person wishes to participate in the activity).
- Grand River Rafting staff will hand each person their equipment for the activity. Customers are not to touch any company equipment that has not been handed to
- During orientation talk… social distancing must be
- When being shuttled, all people must apply hand sanitizers before entering The driver will direct customers were to sit. The driver will disinfect the vehicle after each trip.
- The number of people Grand River Rafting will be shuttling, will be in compliance with Provincial guidelines.
- Upon arrival at the launch People will queue with social distance spacing. The staff will put your boat in position, you must launch yourself.
- On the river or if stopping along the shore, people will be expected to social distance from other
- Upon arrival at the exit point, groups will socially distance out on the water while waiting for the staff to call them for
- Upon exiting, please take all garbage out of your boats and dispose in the waste cans, the staff will direct where to pile your
- The staff will take your boats and be responsible for de-contaminating all
- Porta Potty Washrooms are available. Even though staff will sanitize hourly, customers are expected to sanitize hands before entering and after
- This year Grand River Rafting will not be supplying dry bags to insure no cross- contamination
- This year Grand River Rafting will not be supplying change rooms to insure no cross contamination
- Please put all discarded food, gloves and masks in our waste
Thank you for your cooperation. Following these guideline ensures our trips are safe for everyone!