Prices include boat, PFD jacket, paddle, safety kit, orientation map talk, shuttle ride and parking.
Glen Morris to Paris Map
A Day at Grand River Rafting
The Fall hours of operation for our Glen Morris Run have been extended for another two weekends.
So the 11.5km Glen Morris Route will be open September 9 & 10th and the following weekend of September 16 & 17th.
We will be offering 4 start times… 10:05am, 10:50am, 11:35am and 12:20pm.
Spring | June 24 to June 30, 2023
Weekday start times 10:05am, 11:05 and 12:05pm.
Weekend start times 10:05am, 10:50, 11:35, 12:20pm, 1:05pm
Please be sure to arrive 15-30 minutes before your start time.
Summer | July 1 to September 4, 2023
Monday-Tuesday-Friday Hours: 10:05am, 10:50am, 11:35am, 12:20pm
Saturday, Sunday & Statutory Hours: 9:40am, 10:05, 10:25, 10:50, 11:10, 11:35, 11:55, 12:20pm, 12:40, 1:05.,
Please arrive 15-30 minutes before your start time.
No Alcohol Allowed
Grand River Rafting reserves the rights to inspect all bags and coolers being brought on trips. If alcoholic beverages are found, you will be asked to kindly return the beverages to your vehicle. If someone refuses inspection or refuses to leave alcoholic beverages behind, they will not be allowed to go on the river… and there will be no refund.
Check Our Weather Alert Before Coming!
The weather apps can be so generic that they are almost useless… especially forecasts that are more then 48 hours out.
It is important to remember, that the weather on the Grand River… can be totally different from where you are living.
We are good at weather… because we want you to enjoy your trip… not endure it!
So before driving to the Grand River Valley… please check our updated Grand River Weather Alert link on the day of your trip.
Inclement Weather Policy
Please check our “Grand River Weather Alert Page” before leaving home… to see if your trip is a go.
If our weather webpage states poor weather on the Grand River, your group has 3 choices:
- You can come at your assigned time or email us to request moving your time around.
- Or you can email us and request another date.
- Or you can email us and request a full refund
Please ignore the weather station forecasts for 3 or more days out. Their forecasting is total guesswork… and extremely inaccurate… never base your planning on these long range forecasts.
The most accurate forecasting is 12 hours or less.
- Final price is based on headcount given 48 hours out from date of event.
- If cancellation is given 48 hours in advance, there is a full deposit refund.
- If cancellation is given the day before, there is a 75% refund.
- If cancellation is on the day of the trip, there is no refund.
The Glen Morris to Paris trip is our most scenic paddle at 11kms (7 miles).
Beginners can do this trip in turbo tubes, yaks, sups and rafts. It does help to have some paddling experience if in kayaks, especially canoes
The river averages about 1 meter in depth, with 2 meter deep pools. It has moving water, with 7 easy swifts and rapids.
Start point is about 2 km above Glen Morris. The paddle is through a pristine wilderness setting, no stores along the way. You can find spring water and swimming areas to stop at. (Please note, that drinking spring water is at your own risk, it has not been tested).
Lunch-picnic stops are at Glen Morris, an island and the end point. The town of Paris is 3 km away for food and beverages after your trip. Please view our Paddlers Discount with Wincey Market Dollars in Paris
With Grand River Rafting… there is no waiting at the end of your trip… because your trip ends where your car is parked. We make it easy!
The one hour lessons are before your trip. We offer paddling instruction on canoes, kayaks and sups. Cost is $30 per person plus HST… includes instructor and all equipment.
How Your Trip Works
- You can book online or if needing help… call our office at 519-442-2519. If calling, please be patient, because even with 3 people on phones… we are busy. Email is always best!
- Once booked… we will send you a confirmation with what to bring and where to meet. For the Glen Morris Trip, please drive to 142 West River Road, Brant, Ont.
- Upon arrival, park your vehicle, register at our desk, get equipped and do an orientation map-talk. There are portable washrooms & change rooms here too.
- Once everyone is ready… we shuttle you upstream… you get your boat… then paddle down the river to the exit point where your vehicle is parked.
- Basically we look after everything… you just bring your lunch, personals and yourselves!
What To Bring
- Good sunscreen, hat, sun glasses, retainer string for eye glasses, water & snacks, gloves if hands blister easily, lip balm.
- Bring footwear you don’t mind getting wet… the river bottom is rocky.
- If you burn easy… long sleeves and pants… otherwise swim suits or clothes that dry quickly. Denim jeans are not a good idea… they stay wet forever!
- If cooler weather… dress in layers so you can strip down as you get hot.
- Due to health protocols we are not supplying dry bags… so please bring ziplock bags or bags capable of keeping car keys, cell phones and personals dry.
- We have water refill station for bring-your-own-water bottle