As of 2023, Grand River Rafting will no longer offer private boat shuttle services… so we would like to offer an alternative.
If bringing your own boats, we suggest parking your vehicle at your start point and paddling to your exit.
At the exit point call a local taxi company to shuttle the driver back upstream to the vehicle, while one person stays with the boat.
If one paddler cannot stay with the boats at the exit… please remember to take a chain and padlock to secure your boat to a tree or permanent fixture at the end point.
If you exit in Paris or Brant Park… there is “Grand River Cab” or “Paris Taxi”.
There are also numerous cab companies available in Brantford for Brant Park shuttles.
Please note… the Grand River is a rocky, shallow river and can severely damage cedar strip, fiberglass and Kevlar boats!!!
What to Bring:
- Good sunscreen, hat, sun glasses, retainer string for eye glasses, water & snacks, gloves if hands blister easily, lip balm.
- Bring footwear you don’t mind getting wet, because the river bottom is rocky.
- If you burn easy, please wear long sleeves and pants, otherwise swim suits or clothes that dry quickly.
- Denim jeans are not a good idea, because they stay wet forever!
- If cooler weather dress in layers so you can strip down as you get hot.