Big Creek tubing offers some of the best eagle sightings, because you are paddling through a forest.
This meandering river is so different from anything else in Ontario. It is narrow and deep, with trees overhanging… and truly fits the description “The Canadian Amazon”.
This is a slow current river, so you will be paddling… it is a 9km tubing adventure.
BIG CREEK Tubing is about a 2 hour drive from Toronto.
We are certified By Ontario Tourism Safe Traveler Stamp… visit our COVID Health Protocols.
Please note… ADVANCED RESERVATIONS ARE A MUST!
Number of People per Boat: one per boat.
Paddling Skills: Beginner to experienced. Most people average 4.0 to 5.0 hours when tubing this route.
Suggested Ages: 6 years and up. With children, adults can tether the child’s tube to theirs when they get tired.
Suggested Weight: up to 300 lbs
How It Works: We have you park at the end point… then shuttle you upstream to the start so that you can paddle back to your vehicle.
Parking & Meetup area is at the corner of Lakeshore Rd and Hwy 59… on the left right after you cross over Lakeshore Road. DO NOT drive into Long Point… that is too far!
Google Map location (must use google, other apps go to wrong location)… 1048 Long Point Rd, Port Rowan, On N0E 1M0
Big Creek Tubing & Canoe Trips... Dates & Times
Opens June 19 until Sept 13 of 2021.
Launch times are 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 11:30am, 12pm, 12:30pm, 1 pm
June 19-30 open Wednesday to Sunday
July 1-31 open Tuesday to Sunday and Holiday Monday
Aug 1-Sept 6 open 7 days a week
Sept 7-13 open Wed to Sunday
Prices & Gear
Price is $38 per person for tubing… and $105 per couple canoeing.
- paddle and life-jacket
- river map & orientation talk
- shuttle ride to start point
- approximately 4-5 hour trip tubing & 2-3 hrs canoeing (about 9kms)
- Please Check Our Weather Alert On the Day of Your Trip Before Coming.
What to Bring:
- Good sunscreen, hat, sun glasses, retainer string for eye glasses, insect repellant, water & snacks, gloves if hands blister easily, lip balm and ziplocks for your cell phone.
- Bring footwear you don’t mind getting wet.
- If you burn easy… long sleeves and pants… otherwise swim suits or clothes that dry quickly. Denim jeans are not a good idea… they stay wet forever!
How Your Trip Works:
- You can book online “Dates & Rates” or email… firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly by phone 519-442-2519 or. Even though we have up to 3 people answering the phones our lines are extremely busy… email is always best!
- Once booked… we will send you a confirmation with what to bring and where to meet
- Upon arrival, meet your driver, then shuttle upstream to get equipped and do an orientation talk about your trip.
- Once everyone is ready… we shuttle you upstream… you get your boat… then paddle down the river to the exit point where your vehicle is parked.
Weather & Cancellation Policies:
Final price is based on headcount given 48 hours out from date of event.
If cancellation is given 48 hours in advance, there is a full refund.
If cancelled under 48 hours, there is a 75% refund.
If cancelled on the day of your trip… no refund.
If bad weather… please check our 7am daily weather update to see if you are “good to go” before leaving your house.
Your group has 3 choices if bad weather:
- Move start time around
- Choose another date
- Get a full refund