Big Creek offers five choices of boats for the 2022 season.
Our prices include boat, PFDs, paddles, safety kits, shuttle ride and parking.
Another Tourism Business Locally Owned and Operated by a Norfolk County Resident.
Big Creek tubing offers some of the best eagle sightings, because you are paddling through a forest.
This meandering river is different from anything else in Ontario. It is narrow and deep, with trees overhanging… and truly fits the description “The Canadian Amazon”.
This is a slow current river, so you will be paddling… it is a 9km adventure.
Big Creek Tubing is about a 2-2.5 hour drive from Toronto.
We are certified By Ontario Tourism Safe Traveler Stamp… visit our COVID Health Protocols.
Paddling Skills: Beginner to experienced. Most people average 4.0 to 5.0 hours when tubing this route because of the slow current. If in a canoe, kayak or paddleboard… it takes about 3 hours.
Suggested Ages: 6 years and up. With children, adults can tether the child’s tube to theirs when they get tired.
Suggested Weight: If over 270 lbs… call us to see what boat is best.
How It Works: We have you park at the end point… then shuttle you 9 km upstream to the start… you paddle downstream… with a short 3 km ride back to your vehicle.
Parking & Meetup Area: At the corner of Lakeshore Rd and Hwy 59… on the left right after you cross over Lakeshore Road. DO NOT drive into Long Point…you have gone too far.
Please drive to 157 Front Rd, Port Rowan, N0E 1W0 (must use google, other apps go to wrong location) There is a big sign on the side of the road saying “Grand River Rafting Parking… park at the rear of the building.
This location also has takeout food and gas.
Big Creek Dates & Times
You Must Reserve in Advance.
June 11-27… Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
All boats available for 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 11:30am and 12pm
June 30-Sept 5… Open all days but Tuesday
Tubes… 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 11:30am, 12pm
Canoe, kayaks, tandems paddleboards… 11am, 11:30am, 12pm
Sept 9-11… Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Shuttle times: 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 11:30am and 12pm
- Trip is about 9kms with very slow current, but deep
- Approximately 4-5 hour trip tubing
- Approximately 2-3 hour trip in kayak, canoe or SUP
- Please Check Our Weather Alert On the Day of Your Trip Before Coming.
What to Bring:
- Good sunscreen, hat, sun glasses, retainer string for eye glasses, insect repellant, water & snacks, gloves if hands blister easily, lip balm and ziplocks for your cell phone.
- Bring footwear you don’t mind getting wet.
- If you burn easy… long sleeves and pants… otherwise swim suits or clothes that dry quickly. Denim jeans are not a good idea… they stay wet forever!
How Your Trip Works:
- You can book online or email… firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly by phone 519-442-2519 or. Even though we have up to 3 people answering the phones, our lines are extremely busy… email is always best!
- Once booked… we will send you a confirmation with what to bring and to drive to 157 Front Rd, Port Rowan, N0E 1W0 (must use google, other apps go to wrong location).
- Upon arrival, meet your driver, get equipped and do an orientation talk about your trip.
- Once everyone is ready… we shuttle you upstream… you get your boat… then paddle down the river to the exit point.
- Then a short 3km shuttle back to your vehicle.
Weather & Cancellation Policies:
Final price is based on headcount given 48 hours out from date of event.
If cancellation is given 48 hours in advance, there is a full refund.
If cancelled under 48 hours, there is a 75% refund.
If cancelled on the day of your trip… there is no refund.
If bad weather… please check our 7am daily weather update to see if you are “good to go” before leaving your house.
Your group has 3 choices if bad weather:
- Move start time around
- Choose another date
- Get a full refund