This adventure starts with a 1 km guided walk learning wild edible plants and trees along the way. We arrive at the challenge area… try the fresh water springs… and then the contest begins.
- Each team is given a selection of wild edible plants, cooking utensils, a bag of rice and a trout.
- On the word “go”each team has to build a fire, prepare the edibles, and cook the rice.
- Then they have to “gut” the trout and stuff it with the rice and wild edibles to do a “Master Chef” cook-off.
- After a set time, the judging guides evaluate each team based on food presentation, taste and efficiency of teamwork.
- Winner is announced and then the teams devour their efforts!