Prices include boat, PFD jacket, paddle, safety kit, orientation map talk, shuttle ride and parking.
The Cambridge to Paris trip is our longest paddle at 17.5 km or 11 miles.
This route takes most people 5-6 hours depending on the speed you paddle. When river is flowing fast after a rain… 3 hours.
We do not advise this section for beginners because of the length and skill level.
The paddle starts through open farmland into a forested wilderness setting. There is spring-water and swimming spots along the way. The Grand River has a stone-gravel bottom… so having shoes to protect your feet from the rocks, is a very good idea.
The river averages 1 meter deep with 2 meter deep pools. This section of river has moving water with over 10 easy rapids. It is an upstream extension of the Glen Morris to Paris Route.
At the Cambridge start point, there is a washroom and variety store. The Cambridge to Paris route has lunch-picnic stops at Glen Morris, an island and the exit point.
This run is only available in May, June and September. The start times are 9am and 11am for Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Not available for July and August
It is critical that you arrive 20 minutes before your departure time, because if you are late, you will be redirected to the shorter 11.5km Glen Morris to Paris route with no refund.
We normally suggest 4 years of age and up.
For weight, if over 270lbs, please call or email our office to see what boat is best.
We are certified By Ontario Tourism Safe Traveler Stamp… visit our COVID Health Protocols.
With us, no waiting for a return pickup! Simply park at Birley Gates, get shuttled upstream… then you paddle back to your vehicle. So always good to go, when done.
We do offer three shorter routes on the Grand River trips… the Glen Morris to Paris route (11.5 kms), the Paris to Brant Park route (13km) and the easy Five Oaks to Brant Park route (5km).
Further away, near Long Point on Lake Erie… we offer a very unique Canadian Amazon paddling trip for 9.0 kms through an overhead canopy of trees. Big Creek Paddling Link
After your trip, you can visit the town of Paris for food, beverages, gas and shopping. It is only 3 kms away.
How Your Trip Works
- You can book online or if needing help… call our office at 519-442-2519. If calling, please be patient, because even with 3 people on phones… we are busy. Email is always best!
- Once booked… we will send you a confirmation with what to bring and where to meet. For the Cambridge to Paris Trip, please drive to 142 West River Road, Brant, Ont.
- Upon arrival, park your vehicle, register at our desk, get equipped and do an orientation map-talk. There are portable washrooms & change rooms here too.
- Once everyone is ready… we shuttle you upstream… you get your boat… then paddle down the river to the exit point where your vehicle is parked.
- Basically we look after everything… you just bring your lunch, personals and yourselves!
What To Bring
- Good sunscreen, hat, sun glasses, retainer string for eye glasses, water & snacks, gloves if hands blister easily, lip balm.
- Bring footwear you don’t mind getting wet… the river bottom is rocky.
- If you burn easy… long sleeves and pants… otherwise swim suits or clothes that dry quickly. Denim jeans are not a good idea… they stay wet forever!
- If cooler weather… dress in layers so you can strip down as you get hot.
- Due to health protocols we are not supplying dry bags… so please bring ziplock bags or bags capable of keeping car keys, cell phones and personals dry
Spring|May 22 to June 30, 2022
May 22 to June 30 open on Mondays (9:00am and 11:00am), Wednesday (9:00am and 11:00am) and Friday (9:00am and 11:00am).
Summer | Not available
This run is only available during the months of May, June and September… please look at our Spring and Fall tabs for times and days.
Fall |September 7 to Sept 30, 2022
Sept 7 to Sept 19 open on Mondays (9:00am and 11:00am), Wednesday (9:00am and 11:00am) and Friday (9:00am and 11:00am).
We are often sold out… we advise booking a week in advance.
Please drive to 142 West River Rd, Brant, Ont to meet up for your Cambridge to Paris Trip.
No Alcohol Allowed
Grand River Rafting reserves the rights to inspect all bags and coolers being brought on trips. If alcoholic beverages are found, you will be asked to kindly return the beverages to your vehicle. If someone refuses inspection or refuses to leave alcoholic beverages behind, they will not be allowed to go on the river… and there will be no refund.
Check Our Weather Alert Before Coming!
The weather apps can be so generic that they are almost useless… especially forecasts that are more then 48 hours out.
It is important to remember, that the weather on the Grand River… can be totally different from where you are living.
We are good at weather… because we want you to enjoy your trip… not endure it!
So before driving to the Grand River Valley… please check our updated Grand River Weather Alert link on the day of your trip.
Inclement Weather Policy
Please check our “Grand River Weather Alert Page” before leaving home… to see if your trip is a go.
If our weather webpage states poor weather on the Grand River, your group has 3 choices:
- You can come at your assigned time or email us to request moving your time around.
- Or you can email us and request another date.
- Or you can email us and request a full refund
Please ignore the weather station forecasts for 3 or more days out. Their forecasting is total guesswork… and extremely inaccurate… never base your planning on these long range forecasts.
The most accurate forecasting is more like 12 hours or less.
- Final price is based on headcount given 48 hours out from date of event.
- If cancellation is given 48 hours in advance, there is a full deposit refund.
- If cancellation is given the day before, there is a 75% refund.
- If cancellation is on the day of the trip, there is no refund.
- We have water refill station for bring-your-own-water bottle
- With COVID health protocol, we are not supplying dry bags… so please bring your own.
- Please view our Paddlers Discount with Wincey Market Dollars in Paris